FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT: FAITH
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. (Gal. 5:22-23)
The seventh quality in the list of the fruits of the Spirit is faith.
When we think of faith, of course we think of belief in the existence of God, but it also can be the quality of fidelity or reliability within a person.
I'm not sure if there is any test facing the modern Christian world more devastating than the constant and unrelenting attack on faith.
Do we believe? If we do, do our actions reflect it?
In considering that this is the first of the last groupings within the fruits of the spirit?faith, meekness and temperance are about how we relate with ourselves?it is significant that faith can involve both our personal belief in God and our own reliability and character.
We will talk about these two characteristics today as well as three kinds of faith as described in the book of James.
To begin, let's ask a simple question: what does faithfulness look like?
Jesus is our greatest example. His life shows consistent, de-pendable, committed action. The fruit of the Spirit in our lives should take the same form...
- Three new sermons have been added to the Sermons page. (3/7/17)
- 2017 Fellowship Conference Flyer (2/22/17)
- A new audio sermon series, "The New Covenant", has been added to the Sermons page. (2/7/17)
- Two new sermons have been added to the Sermons page. (1/2/17)
- Notes on the Holy Spirit have been added to Additonal Resources. (1/1/17)